Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Possible regression: Gnash slow on scene changes

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Possible regression: Gnash slow on scene changes
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:41:22 +0200

Hello strk,

s> There are compile-time defines to verify both.

Ok, I'll try to do some tests today if I find the time.

s> What are "scenes", btw ?

I'm referring to "scene" like a non-technical term, i.e. when the
movie content changes significantly. Back in the technical world, this
would mean when many instances are freed / allocated. But this is just
a subjective impression, it could be anything.

Just play the movie yourself (with FPS flag) and you should understand
what I mean.

Udo