Re: [Gnash-dev] Ready for 0.8.1 ?

From: Takashi Iwai
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Ready for 0.8.1 ?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:41:34 +0200

At Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:13:25 +0200,
Rob Savoye wrote:

> strk wrote:
> > I pretty much belive we're ready for 0.8.1 release.
> > I'm running a final build test right now.
> > Once the tests succeed I'll tag a release_0_8_1_final.
> >
>   I can't upload this release to the FSF servers anyway till I get back
> on Monday, as I need to be on the machine that has the GPG keys setup
> correctly. So once this branch is finalized, I'll make the tarballs on
> make the release go out. Thanks for the hard work getting 0.8.1 done
> while I'm traveling myself. It's kindof nice to have somebody else do
> the release for a change. :-)
>
>   As I have some testing machines at home with multiple distros on them,
> I'll do a bit more testing when I get back before the actual release,
> unless you've tested on Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, and OpenBSD.

Don't forget about openSUSE :)

IMO, basically it's ditributor's job to check whether the program
works on their system.  You can pass the task simply by notifying the
package maintainer of each distro (in the case of openSUSE, to me) to
try the latest version before release.  Of course, it'd be nice if we
get a tarball instead of CVS repo.

Takashi