Re: [Gnash-dev] flash-in-quicktime

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] flash-in-quicktime
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:30:16 -0600

Austin wrote:

> I know.  That's what the email is about.  Adding the ability to open
> quicktime files that contain flash files.  Should be fairly easy via
> libqucktime, no?  Or alternately, providing a library that mplayer could
> use to play the swf animations, which it currently can't.
>
>> AFAIK gnash only plays swf files, you need to submit a bug report to
>> ffmpeg-users or mplayer-users list, asking about this format.
>
> I did.  The mplayer team suggested adding the capability to gnash.

  The mplayer developer that popped into the irc channel the other
thought it'd be easier to have mplayer handoff the flash part of the
.mov to Gnash using Xembed. Gnash is a flash player, not a video player.
I'd guess we could make Gnash display a raw quicktime time, but I don't
think this is a priority when compared to the other things we're working
on right now. We'll gladly except a patch that implements this though. :-)