Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash 0.8.1 review + freebsd-specific bugs

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash 0.8.1 review + freebsd-specific bugs
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:08:13 +0200

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 04:13:01AM +0400, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

> - Gnash doesn't display simple charts like this:
> http://www.ixbt.com/storage/ata2005/max500/linread.swf
>
> Assertion failed: (_frames_loaded < m_frame_count), function
> add_frame_name, file movie_def_impl.cpp, line 1119.

I confirm this bug. The problem is that the movie advertises
1 frame in header, but then it contains 2 SHOFRAME tags.

We still dunno how to handle such cases.
A better way then aborting would likely be discarding
everything past last SHOWFRAME, anyway I'm not sure this
would be compatible with the pp handling of it.

Are you the author of that movie ? Or can you help
figuring out what the correct behaviour would be ?

I'll proceed by discarding everything past last expected
SHOWFRAME for now, but I'm interested in any hint for
proper handling.