Re: [Gnash-dev] git

From: Eric Hughes
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] git
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:47:04 -0600

At 07:10 AM 10/13/2007, Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:

On 10/13/07, Chad Musick <<mailto:address@hidden>address@hidden> wrote:
My understanding, which may be outdated, is that Git is not at all
well-supported on Windows.  This may be a problem for some of the
developers, especially those working on Cygnal.

I'm the guy using Windows and working on Cygnal. I have been stuck in Tool Hell for a few weeks now trying to get my code working under gcc and getting a reasonable build environment up. I've sworn at my screen more in the last month than in the previous decade. While I despise Microsoft in a lot of ways, I find myself more productive with Visual Studio and occasionally rxvt/bash than anything else--not that I like that state of affairs, mind you--although I do wish it did temple point-of-instantiation correctly.

I can't recommend switching until it's more mature. I am already maintaining a local SVN server for my own day-to-day commits (those while unit tests are not passing) to deal with CVS deficiencies.

Eric