Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: point test

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: point test
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:44:54 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

The OpenGL renderer takes the result of the normalization process and
then proceeds to extract contours from the paths (by seeing which paths
connect), which it can then feed into the tesselator.

I am still not sure if this is required for Cairo, because although our
Cairo renderer gets filling right 99% of the time, there is still the
1%. Also, I have seen code in Swfdec which does exactly as I described
in the paragraphs above (swfdec uses Cairo).

I've ran a few tests and I am confirming that Cairo can only deal with
normalized and connected paths. So the process described above for
OpenGL will also apply to Cairo. I guess this means that AGG is truly
superior when it comes to rendering Flash.

Bastiaan