Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:56:05 +0100

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 11:45:54AM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> aha, il trucco c'รจ, ma non si vede... ;)
>
> These 4 squares look identical in Gnash and P.P.

Wrong. Another trick is pressing '-' and '+' to decrement
and increment the alpha. Using this you can see that
the pp considers the two squares on the right as two subshapes,
which overlap thus giving different saturation in the center
then on the borders (where there's no overlap).

> I see differences in the green shape at the right side of the red "X"
> (it is not filled in the P.P.).
>
> Also, the green shape below the red "X" are different:
> - Gnash renders a green rectangle with black lines on both sides
> - P.P. renders two green right-angled rectangles (complete with
> outline):

Yes, I had a fix for this yesterday, temporarely freezed since we
found the m_new_shape bug. I'm reconsidering the patch after
the fix. Automatic closing fille shapes on move fixed both cases.

> I was talking about making a SWF-defined shape that is identical to
> what the dynamic shape representation of the ActionScript code in my
> Thanks.

I'd like to commit the patch fixing the 'four-in-a-row' and 'opposite-el'
drawing first, unless you think the Ming test can reveal we don't necessarely
need to close those paths..

Feel free to give Ming a try yourself meanwhile :)