[Gnash-dev] SDL for audio even when using gtk?

From: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: [Gnash-dev] SDL for audio even when using gtk?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:34:25 -0600 (CST)

The README says that: "The SDL version has no event handling, which means
mouse clicks and keys pressed get ignored. Also the windows don't resize,
and occasionally they overrun their boundaries." It implies that GTK is
better and there is a choice.

So I chose GTK but later saw the configure and build still want SDL
because I am using libmad. I later saw
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/gnash.html#codedepend which
better explains this.

Anyways, if using SDL for audio even when using GtkGlExt will I lose my
event handling and have window resizing problems? (Or not because it just
for audio and not display?)

Is there any plan to get rid of the SDL dependency for audio? I don't have
gstreamer or ffmpeg installed but I do have libmad (and arts and mplayer).

I am just curious about this, since it seems like I need to use both SDL
and GTK at the same time.

  Jeremy C. Reed