[Gnash-dev] BBC iPlayer is now streaming Flash based

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: [Gnash-dev] BBC iPlayer is now streaming Flash based
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:12:02 +0100

Hi!

On the BBC Backstage list last night, it was announced that the BBC
iPlayer released its Flash version last night, and I hope Gnash will
support it shortly.

I am very happy to see that it is DRM free!

Sadly, this may not last.

The Flash Media Server 3 was released last month, and the BBC will be
moving to FMS3 shortly. I am afraid that when the BBC uses FMSv3, it
will force the DRM back on to people.

If it does, will this make it impossible to use the iPlayer with Gnash?

Also, how much of a problem are patent encumbered video formats for Gnash?

--
Regards,
Dave