Re: [Gnash-dev] cross compile gnash for imx31

From: Daniel Amor Martín
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] cross compile gnash for imx31
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:41:19 +0100

Hello,

I'm afraid I cannot donate hardware :-( , but last day I continued playing with openembedded just to have one work environment and got gnash working on my board just with AGG and FB, I will test de bb file and send it for review in case there is anybody interested. I have tested version 0.8.0 and 0.8.1, this week I'll try with CVS one.

Our board has a 9" display and we have found that the speed is a bit slow, probably related to this mix of toolchains, I'm not sure if OE is using the hardware floating point support.

I will try and recompile all the libraries, and unfortunately I have to use that compiler, it's the one provided and recomended by freescale for this processor.

Thanks for your help,

 Daniel,

Rob Savoye escribió:
Daniel Amor Martín wrote:

We are trying to have gnash working for imx31, first using FB/AGG and
our goal is to have it working woth opengl, as we have hardware support
in the controller.

  Sounds like a nice little platform, want to donate some ? :-)

Boost and agg libraries where crosscompiled using openembedded. I
compiled gnash also in openembedded and got it running under gpe, but
some flash failed to load due to problems with cairo.
grep: /usr/lib/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
It seems that libtool is trying to use a system library rather than the
cross library, probably this is due to the mix of tools, but i cannot
get how to solve it.

  Yes, this is because some of the libraries were compiled with one
version of the compiler, probably 3.4, and some were compiled with 4.1.2
(which sucks, btw, I prefer 4.2.x) The only way I know to fix this is to
recompile the libraries that are causing the problem with the same compiler.

  You get can info on cross compiling what you need without using
OpenEmbedded here:
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/wiki/index.php/Building_dependant_packages.