Re: [Gnash-dev] cross compile gnash for imx31

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] cross compile gnash for imx31
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:27:30 -0700

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> I was talking about compiling Gnash optimized for speed, altough my
> build just uses generic 486 optimizations (not specifically building
> for Geode), so there may still be some room for improvement.

  Udo, you probably want to use the Geode optimized tool chain I built
for the OLPC, which is also a Geode LX. Unfortunately gnashdev.org is
down (not sure why), but when it comes back, you can get both a Geode
optimized build of G++, but also an optimized glibc. For glibc, I added
hand crafted assembler tuned for the Geode LX for a bunch of the
low-level routines, like strlen(), which are used heavily in Gnash.
Treating the Geode like a dumb 486 is not the most optimal.

  Anyway, this is the toolchain I use for my own builds on the Geode LX
to squeeze every cycle out of the machine for the best performance.

  For the ARM11, I've been playing with the LLVM-gcc compiler lately, as
that's the one used for iPhone development. It's got an improved optimizer.