Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix

From: Hong Yu
Subject: Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix for running www.twango.com videos
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:40:32 +0800

What problem were you encountering with ffmpeg? Could we offer our help to continue the '--enable-media=ffmpeg' option? Thanks!

Best regards,

Hong Yu

strk wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 05:55:58PM +0800, Hong Yu wrote:
We have checked out the newest Gnash source and tried to build. Two problems encountered in configuration stage, however: [1] We have already installed SDL1.2-dev in /usr/lib and /usr/include/SDL directories, but the auto-generated configure does not recognize

For this bug please see https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18570

[2] We find that 'enable-media=ffmpeg' option be disabled in the CVS version. Would there be ways to enable the option, since we would prefer using ffmpeg directly instead of GStreamer layer for embedded platforms.

We dropped support for direct ffmpeg due to lack of maintainance power.