Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix

From: strk
Subject: Re: AW: [Gnash-dev] from Hong Yu: Gnash/server/asobj/LoadVars.* need fix for running www.twango.com videos
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:46:18 +0100

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 07:40:32PM +0800, Hong Yu wrote:

> What problem were you encountering with ffmpeg? Could we offer our help
> to continue the '--enable-media=ffmpeg' option? Thanks!

There is no specific issue out of my head, just no time to continue
maintaining it. We figured gst plugin architecture would be more
interesting due to patent issues and the like, and the SDL dependency
for the mixing part seemed an overcomplex thing.

You may try to just re-enable support for --enable-media
and see if anything breaks already (chances are it will still
work).

Bastiaan Jacques is the one that should know more about this.