Re: [Gnash-dev] server/asobj/xml.*

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] server/asobj/xml.*
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:12:08 +0100 (CET)

> We are currently porting Gnash0.8.2-rc1 to one ARM platform. However, we
> encounter one problem with YouTube homepage flash animation on that
> hardware: gnash could not get correct data from downloaded XML text
> string. We wonder about encoding problem somewhere, but still not sure
> of the detail. Anyone encountered similar problem before (not
> necessarily on ARM)? Thanks!

Yes, I've noticed this as well, and I'm pretty sure it's not a platform
dependent issue. I've done some testing into this, but couldn't figure out what
the problem is. Gnash can get xml from other servers (at least from my
testserver), but the youtube server returns a http 500 error (internal server
error) when the XML.sendandload function is used, so something must be wrong
somewhere...

cheers,

Tomas

      Find din nye laptop på kelkoo.dk. Se de gode tilbud her -
http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/mm