Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] About Buttons

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] About Buttons
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:08:15 +0200

Hello Sandro,

>> SS>  - Not currently active characters are still advanced. So if
>> SS>    a sprite active on mouse over consists of a moving thing,
>> SS>    the thing would keep moving while still not visible, and
>> SS>    all frame actions of that character would still be executed
>> SS>    (would that be correct?).
>>
>> Can you check this with P.P.?

SS> Eh, need a test for this. I'm just saying that this is what Gnash
SS> does (still advances them).

That's what I meant, a test ;-)

SS> In the current timeline design the ::advance step is not done on the
SS> stage tree but on a global list of "live" characters.

Interesting. I guess this is documented in the Wiki? Anyway, just a
quick question: How is the correct advance() order ensured in that
list? I'm sure it makes a big difference if one character is advanced
before the other..

SS> You sure ? Isn't it just the HIT area so taht you can have
SS> an invisible "alone" around the button representing its hit area ?

Yes, you're right, I was a bit confused... ;-)

SS> See testsuite/misc-ming.all/ButtonEventTest.{c,swf}.
SS> The HIT character should be a black square...

Will check it when building finishes (half an hour or so).

Udo