Re: [Gnash-dev] proposed algorithm for snapshot installs

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] proposed algorithm for snapshot installs
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:30:18 -0300

Russ Nelson wrote:
To make it as easy as possible, we want snapshots to be easy and safe
to install and uninstall.  rsavoye has an install-gnash.sh, but I'm
uncomfortable about rm'ing existing stuff (very small risk of very bad
consequences: "I installed gnash, and it deleted my $WHATEVER!")  I
propose this algorithm:

Please note that the install-gnash.sh script isn't finished yet, so I wouldn't be too worried. :-) We could just rename the old files. The main purpose of install-gnash.sh was to download and install the ffmpeg plugin for Gstreaner.