[Gnash-dev] Can a flash script know what codecs are available?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Can a flash script know what codecs are available?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 01:17:51 -0700

The folks at dailymotion.com have made an OLPC (prototype) version of
their web site that displays in Ogg (test at olpc.dailymotion.com).  Is
there a way for their ActionScript to be able to tell which codecs are
available to the flash player?  Or to easily and quickly ask if Ogg
(or FLV) is available?

If so, they could put this support on their main web site.

(Of course his comment below to assume no flash player is wrong, and their
prototype XO site uses flash.  But on my XO the scroll/buffer bar doesn't work
(this seems common in gnash in my experience; dunno if it's one underlying
method failing or what).)

        John