Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Gnash (Flash) for next system.

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Gnash (Flash) for next system.
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:30:31 +0200 (CEST)

Right, but how does that prevent the use of GCC4? On my GNU/Linux
system, I can install compat-libstdc++-2 if I want to run a binary only
application linked against g++-2.9.

Bastiaan

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:56 -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
   I wonder if this is a problem with binary ABIs ? That has changed
substantially since the GCC 2.95 days. Anyway, I'm curious about why
the
older compiler needs to be used.

Because they want Haiku to be binary compatible with BeOS to use
non-Free binary-only software from BeOS.[1]

Hub

[1] I personaly don't think it is worth it, but that's just my opinion.