Re: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gui hook in core lib

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gui hook in core lib
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:07:11 +0200 (MEST)

> Yes, sorry, sent mail on -dev before the commit completed.
> bzr slownes on commit is driving me nuts (still uncommitted
> at time of writing, will try again now).

It's there now :)

But is it necessary to link the gui into the core? For other events I used
callbacks for the reason that the need to communicate between core and gui is
quite limited. It seemed worth keeping the gui as loosely attached as possible
so that other users of the core libs that need more than the Player class has
to offer (like pythonmodule, for instance) could forget the gui entirely.

movie_root::interfaceEventHandle is used for other cases. It isn't the most
beautiful thing ever or particularly optimized for speed, but it returned a
string specifically so it could be used for things like yes/no.

-bwy