Re: [Gnash-dev] Fixes for building Gnash for OLPC from F9 package

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Fixes for building Gnash for OLPC from F9 package
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:51:33 -0400

Tomeu Vizoso writes:
 > If gnash 0.8.3 (plus the fix for #23698) gets built for F-9, we could
 > try to use that and see if it brings in any unneeded dependencies.

It sounds to me like the OLPC has the same problem the handhelds.org
folks faced -- that standard distro packages include too many things.
The things you install on a terabyte hard drive differ from the things
you install on a gigabyte flash drive, but projects' packaging schemes
haven't caught up with that yet.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software