[Gnash-dev] Video playback

From: Shachar Kaufman
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Video playback
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:33:10 +0300

Hi all,

I'm gluing gnash's GUI, Renderer and Media components to an embedded platform with its own API. For now its only an academic experiment but if it works well enough it would probably attract quite a bit of interest.

My holy grail is youtube etc' content support, but very early in the process of working on the media layer I've encountered something of a dead end: I'm running gnash form the command line and every flash with embedded video out there I have seen expects a _javascript_ or embedded HTML object parameters, including the stream URL. Apparently I don't know how to pass these correctly on the command line.

* I tried this (http://wiki.gnashdev.org/YouTube) as well but it doesn't work.
* This (http://klaus.geekserver.net/flash/video.swf) didn't work either.
* Neither did (http://gnashdev.org/testvideos/scooter-flv.swf).

In all cases it seems gnash tried to play the wrong URL. for Instane in the last case it did
10191:32771] 10:27:58: DEBUG: Connection established to movie: http://gnashdev.org/testvideos/
=> that is, missing suffix...

I did all these experiments also on a clean install on a PC to make sure I didn't break anything.

What say you?

Salutations, s