Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Gnash/XVideo Patch for 0.8.3

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Gnash/XVideo Patch for 0.8.3
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, strk wrote:

It's a pity if this patch goes discarded IMHO.
What do other developers think about putting it in ?

I think this patch is a great idea. I have some nits about the
implementation, but if it is dependent on --enable-xvideo, I'm all for
it. I think having it as a separate GUI is not necessarily the best
idea, however it does achieve abstraction, which I think is crucial for
this patch.

My suggestion is just use --enable-xvideo.

I concur. That said, it would be great if Gnash would fallback on x11
rendering if xv turns out not to work, even if --enable-xvideo is
enabled. But this may be difficult...

Bastiaan