Re: [Gnash-dev] Launcher scripts

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Launcher scripts
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:20:11 -0700

> Doing so we'd let us control creation of it through the gui, so
> that we may have a "File->SaveLauncherAs".

Great idea.  I think we should also provide a way to save external
streams from gnash into local files, so that we can do "File->SaveAs".

Ideally we could both offer the capability to only save streams
(e.g. producing one or more .FLV files) and/or to save the entire
flash movie and all its streams (producing a .SWF and a subdir
containing a set of .FLVs and maybe other things, like Firefox's "Save
Page As..." in the "Web Page, complete" format).

Saving SWF's and streams would be a big feature for Gnash -- that the
Adobe plugin will never implement, because of its stance on DRM.  If
we implemented this, a lot more people would switch to gnash -- or at
least make it one of the available tools that they use some of the
time.

        John