Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: SIGPIPE on ::writeNet

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: SIGPIPE on ::writeNet
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:29:33 -0700

strk wrote:

> Anyway, client side RTMP libs don't seem to be ready for work in
> Gnash, so I can only either join your development efforts in libnet
> or wait for you to bring it up to usable state.

  They worked fine the last time I tested them, but I'm focusing on the
server side now anyway, so haven't tried for awhile. It's up to you
whether you want to work on libnet at this time or not. It's completely
usable, I'm not sure what your problems are. To be honest, getting the
avm2 branch into trunk in a stable fashion is probably a better use of
your time and mine.

  Eventually I'll get around to adding RTMP support to Gnash, or
somebody else will... There is so little support for doing this the
proper way from within the Gnash team I just don't care anymore... Me,
I'm working on Cygnal for the next few months, while also working hard
to replace our lost funding.