Re: [Gnash-dev] Diff for libbase under MSVC++ WIn32

From: Tonko Juricic
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Diff for libbase under MSVC++ WIn32
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:50:14 -0500

I can try run autoconf (with obligatory M4) from
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html
and then try adapt it for MSVC.

However, these binaries were built with MingW and I am not sure how
will that work with MSVC. IOW, I am not aware of any genuine
MSVC-compatible version of autoconf. Could be it is just a few headers
difference but I can't tell you for sure right now.

Also I was trying to address <unistd.h> and <sys/time> issue (and
there will be few more, probably). In quite a few cases these are
included in headers or even cpp files where "gnashconfig.h" is either
not included or is included conditionally. This forces me to add
ifdefs for MSVC that were not required for MinGW since it had
Win32-compatible version of these headers. I would rather move
unistd.h and <sys/time> conditional inclusion to gnashconfig.h but
then non-Windows code that doesn't include gnashconfig.h or doesn't
include unistd.h inside gnashconfig.h would be broken unless modified.

I am not sure what would be the best course of action and I tended to
treat gnashconfig.h for MSVC differently since all typical header and
function existence conditionals are not particularly useful for a pure
MSVC compilation. Since you can't produce them automatically, may as
well manually create a simplified version of the file - that was my
line of thinking.