Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:13:04 -0700

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:27:17PM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> For the testing infrastructure, I suggest we
> setup an amfphp installation on gnashdev.org
> and put some testing service there. There's
> an HelloWorld service which simply echoes things
> back.

  We can also use Cygnal for this, as it now supports RTMPT as well. I even
have network tests for POST in the Cygnal testsuite. While we can use amfphp,
or Red5, we can also use Cygnal for a simple echo test. I am working now on
better network testing support, currently using netcat and wget to GET and
POST tests using HTTP. I'd prefer to use Cygnal for this, as we have more
control which will be useful for testing.

  I even added a --testing option. so Cygnal an kick out consistant messages
that make it more suitable for automated testing than using something like
amfphp or Red5, neither of which will let us get useful info from the server.