[Gnash-dev] Re: YouTube offering official downloads of *some* videos

From: Marcin Cieslak
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: YouTube offering official downloads of *some* videos
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:30:08 +0000 (UTC)

Dnia 13.02.2009 John Gilmore <address@hidden> napisaƂ/a:
> Interestingly, Flash shows a Sorenson FLV video with MP3 audio codec,
> while the Download link goes to Google Video and shows an H.264 video
> with AAC audio codec.  So if you watch it and then download it, you're
> downloading two completely different videos.

Looking at the URLs, the only difference is the "itag" parameter:

videoplayback?id=2a4303082763c96f&itag=5 (for the browser window)

videoplayback?id=2a4303082763c96f&itag=18 (for the download)

I presume, this is the same story as with "higher quality" videos
available in some cases (with t=18 parameter).

--
              << Marcin Cieslak // address@hidden >>