Re: [Gnash-dev] rtmpget - usable?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] rtmpget - usable?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:56:52 -0600

Alexander Huemer wrote:

> i tried to build rtmpget and ran into trouble.

  I've been checking in more patches to the rtmp branch over the last
few days, and finally beat rtmpget back into shape with the newer client
side API. Rtmpget is greatly improved over the older version, as now all
error, status, and result messages are processed, so all the error
handling of responses actually works. I'm having one last weird problem
with the NetStream::play() command, after that is fixed it'll be fully
usable again. The headache with binary protocols is you only have to
have one byte wrong to screw things up, and finding that is like looking
for a needle in a haystack...

  I'm using this to invoke it:
rtmpget -vv -n rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo/DarkKnight.flv

  If you have Red5 0.7.x installed, it includes a few movie trailers
under the oflaDemo, which is what I used for testing.