Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Prepare patches
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:11:05 +0200

Rob Savoye ha scritto:
  So how about we call it the "aos4" GUI, less to type. :-)

perfect :)

  The SDL GUI is probably the least functional of all the GUIs we
support. In an ideal world, you'd want to duplicate the functionality of
the GTK or KDE ones, with preferences dialogs, etc... However it is the
best one for a quick port.

  Also Cairo is slow compared to both AGG or OpenGL, don't know if
AmigaOS4 supports either.

that's strange. Cairo should be faster than AGG since it should be harware accelerated (at least on linux but not on OS4). With AGG here on os4 if i run also 4 small SWF files i get 100% of cpu and the system is unusablem. maybe this depend from the implementation of AGG library but i think that cairo should be better for us at moment. OpenGL could be a solution but not now since we are at initial status of our ports even that software like Celestia works quite well also on OS4. And remembere that we are a big endian platform... and this slow the operations.. :-/

Andrea Palmatè
http://www.amigasoft.net