Re: [Gnash-dev] Utilities and BOOST

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Utilities and BOOST
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Andrea Palmatè wrote:

Regard the Point 3, well i could agree with you but if a patch is only a couple of line i don't think can be a problem and can be useful for many systems and noty only for a single system

We want to avoid the situation where we get a diverging codebase with
many different paths for many different systems, i.e.:

if (system1) ...
else if (system2) ...
else if (system3) ...
etc.

Which is exactly what some of our code used to look like.

Aside from that, this is clearly a boost packaging issue so it should be
fixed by the package maintainer of your system.

Bastiaan