Re: [Gnash-dev] cairo renderer

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] cairo renderer
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:00:14 -0600

Andrea Palmatè wrote:

> i'm trying to use cairo on AmigaOS4 even if i see that Agg should be
> most enhanced but my question is.

  I don't believe anyone has used cairo with SDL, that would be far from
my first choice. Cairo has primarily been used with GTK, AGG being the
most used renderer for Gnash because it has better performance at this
time. SDL itself has a terribly slow event loop. When SDL was the
primary GUI for Gnash in the beginning, at one point I added a
background to pump events faster which helped some. Then I added the GTK
GUI which worked much better.