Re: [Gnash-dev] Report on using Gnash for digital signage

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Report on using Gnash for digital signage
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:00:26 -0600

Kristian Frank Erikson wrote:

> This a report on my thoughts on using Gnash for digital signage.

  Cool, thanks for digging into this.

> There are permanent versions available on:
> http://nz.eyemagnet.com/files/Gnash_For_Digital_Signage.pdf
> http://erikson.dk/archive/eyemagnet/Gnash_For_Digital_Signage.pdf
>
> I hope this is useful for others out there using and developing on Gnash.

  I noticed you had some comments about better swf v8 and newer
features. I'd thought I'd let you know about our fund raising campaign
to do exactly that. http://www.openmedianow.org/?q=node/39. The plan is
to focus on v9/10 support, and write the missing ActionScript 3 class
library over the summer.

  Like Eyemagnet, we'll be putting college students to work. :-)