Re: [Gnash-dev] RMTPE specification

From: Robinson Tryon
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RMTPE specification
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 19:00:44 -0400

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:

>> that implementing a sniffer (wireshark plugin?) at the same time also
>> helps, although i'd found when doing MSRPC reverse-engineering that
>> massively verbose debug output substitutes for that need, anyway.
>
>  You can see my the video of my talk on reverse engineering RTMP at
> FOSDEM this year, to see how I like to do this. Wireshark has RTMP
> support these days. What I did was take a pile of hex dumps I'd
> captured, and turned them all into a giant testsuite. That way I didn't
> need to use the Adobe plugin, which I'm too paranoid to even get close to.

Discussion about RTMP and rtmpdump is the top story on Slashdot right now:
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/23/2017218&art_pos=1

As I noted in the /. thread, the FOSDEM website site doesn't seem to
have links to the 2009 videos up yet, but you can get them directly
from the video mirror sites:

"Reverse Engineering of Proprietary Network Protocols, Tools, and
Techniques", by Rob Savoye

Ogg Theora (239M)
http://fosdem.unixheads.org/2009/maintracks/reverse.ogv

Xvid.avi (183M) [belnet.be]