Re: [Gnash-dev] RMTPE specification

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RMTPE specification
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 01:09:41 +0200

Thanks, a torrent for rtmpdump :-D

//Markus

On 24 May 2009, at 01:00, Robinson Tryon wrote:

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:

that implementing a sniffer (wireshark plugin?) at the same time also
helps, although i'd found when doing MSRPC reverse-engineering that
massively verbose debug output substitutes for that need, anyway.

 You can see my the video of my talk on reverse engineering RTMP at
FOSDEM this year, to see how I like to do this. Wireshark has RTMP
support these days. What I did was take a pile of hex dumps I'd
captured, and turned them all into a giant testsuite. That way I didn't need to use the Adobe plugin, which I'm too paranoid to even get close to.

Discussion about RTMP and rtmpdump is the top story on Slashdot right now:
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/23/2017218&art_pos=1

As I noted in the /. thread, the FOSDEM website site doesn't seem to
have links to the 2009 videos up yet, but you can get them directly
from the video mirror sites:

"Reverse Engineering of Proprietary Network Protocols, Tools, and
Techniques", by Rob Savoye

Ogg Theora (239M)
http://fosdem.unixheads.org/2009/maintracks/reverse.ogv

Xvid.avi (183M) [belnet.be]