Re: [Gnash-dev] FPS sync

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] FPS sync
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 19:00:00 +0200

Il giorno 26/mag/09, alle ore 10:17, strk ha scritto:

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:13:14AM +0200, Andrea Palmatè wrote:

Also network streaming seems a problem since if i play an swf file
with an embedded flv loading it from my Amiga it plays really fast and
with low cpu usage.

This is a weak spot in Gnash. IO would need some more love.

Anyway, the curl_adapter is where you should look at.

It caches all it reads from network into a local file, to allow
for seek-backs w/out reading all in memory.

and i've found it. It save some files in my temp dir called tdf.*
and one of this contain the entire flv. indeed if i launch it with mplayer it plays the video correctly

For blocking calls it enters a loop which may be the cause of the
high CPU usage. It's using select() right now but with a very short
timeout due to weird problems I was having in the past with longer
ones. Might be time to higher that timeout again and go deeper at
figuring what problem it might represent.

do you mean maxSleepUsec variable? because i've changed it from 10000 to 100000 or 5000 but without any change

The srange thing is that even if i run player2.swf without any param it goes to 80-90% of cpu usage.

that's weird..

Andrea