[Gnash-dev] Opportunity for gnash corporate development on netbooks?

From: Jason Guiditta
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Opportunity for gnash corporate development on netbooks?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:37:44 -0400

Just saw this (admittedly not brand new) article, which talks about a company called bsquared porting flash lite to run on an upcoming dell netbook.
http://gizmodo.com/5242898/dell-android-netbook-its-coming

I tried to post a comment similar to the following on gizmodo, but it kept giving me an error.  This seems like a perfect opportunity to get some funding for gnash, since it is already designed to run on so many platforms.  If a big company like Dell is willing to pay to get flash well-supported on their netbook, why could that player not be gnash?  I know you guys are doing that summer of code to get 9/10 support, but it might be worth trying to find a contact at dell to see if this is something they would help sponsor.  I have no idea where to begin there, just seems like it could give the project a boost, maybe someone on the list could help find a contact or something.