Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP not yet supported

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP not yet supported
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:16:30 -0600

On 08/06/09 09:00, stefasab wrote:

I know the RTMP support is WIP and that Rob is working on that, I
would know which is the current RTMP support status and what can be
done to help in this area.

My RTMP hacking got slowed down when we launched the summer project to get better AVM2 and ActionScript 3 support... So to really use it, you'd need to be using the shared rtmp branch. I refactored NetConnection to add RTMP support a while back, and recently implemented SharedObject.getRemote(), SharedObject.connect(). I'm now working on SharedObject.send(). After that I'll need to find a good way to check the network connection for events from the server, which will be messy till the core VM is thread-safe.

You're more than welcome to hack on RTMP code with me, I can point you at a few places to work on if you're interested. (syncing with trunk for starters) RTMP is complex, and has a steep learning curve, but more fingers on this code as it evolves would be good.