Re: [Gnash-dev] release 0.8.7 branch made

From: Robinson Tryon
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release 0.8.7 branch made
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:21:11 -0500

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 04:25:37PM -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:
>
>> strk: I tossed your two examples up here: http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Bazaar
>>
>> If there are any other bazaar commands people ought to know, we can
>> document them on that page.
>
> There is always the option of checking out as a developer, not
> just for the branch. The base url for checkouts is:
>
>  # Anonymous:
>  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash

Hmm. What about this:

----
~$ bzr cat http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/README
This is the wrong repository. Please get current Gnash sources from:

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/trunk
----

Is /trunk really a different repository, or just a branch within the same repo?

>  # Developer:
>  ftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/gnash
>
> What we do under those "roots" is up to us.
> So far trunk is in a subdir called 'trunk'.
> And that's all we clearly defined I'm afraid :)

okay.

> I've no idea how to get a list of what's under
> the root using bzr(1) itself (anyone ?).
> The loggerhead on savannah is also no-more-available.

The commands 'bzr ls' and 'bzr info' should give information about
what's living at a certain location in the repo, but it seems like
they omit several branches when I run them on the Gnash repo.

I also get a bizarre bug when I try to run 'bzr ls' on the trunk branch:

bzr ls http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/trunk
bzr: ERROR: Invalid http response for
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnash/.bzr/repository/pack/ed478077d935e7a6e56ea02016c54fb2.pack:
Expected a boundary (wub=k)V3:rIZ1dJ=LM1P) line, got ''

I made some additional notes about 'bzr ls' and 'bzr info' on
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Bazaar.

> If we want to set up a policy, we could do what is common
> practice with SVN, that is:
>
>        ROOT/trunk
>        ROOT/tags/<tag>
>        ROOT/branches/<tag>
>
> Not sure if the tags line is applicable to bzr at all though.

I'm not sure about that either -- I have much more experience with svn
and git than I do with bzr.