Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:22:45 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:

Interesting, is this a real OpenGL renderer and not a simple renderer that calls glTexImage2D() only?

Yeah, most of the operations are accelerated using shaders.

I mean, the advantage of the current OpenGL, if you don't consider bugs, is that you control the order of objects displayed. That way, we can render the Video texture at the right layer.

I'm not sure what you mean, but obviously Cairo allows us to draw
whenever we choose.

Bastiaan