Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on s3c6410

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on s3c6410
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 09:07:41 -0600

On 05/05/10 22:06, embedmobile y wrote:
> Who had run gnash on s3c6410? How does its performance? How can i config the
> gnash to improve performance?

  I've never tried to build Gnash for the s3c6410, so it's hard to say.
Having done many ports of Gnash, if you are using GCC as your cross
compiler, usually the GTK (or framebuffer) GUI with an AGG backend with
ffmpeg for media works well for embedded ports. A fast search shows it's
an ARM11 based cpu, with OpenGL-ES and MPEG4 video decoding support. I'm
expecting a patch that modifies our existing OpenGL support to work with
OpenGL-ES, but you'd probably want to use the hardware video decoding
support on the s3c6410. That would require writing support for it,
currently Gnash supports VAAPI for video decoding, but I don't believe
the s3c6410 supports VAAPI.