Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on android

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on android
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 11:11:30 -0600

On 05/06/10 05:57, ???? wrote:

> 1. I've staticly cross compiled gnash-0.8.2 for android using
> Codesourcery,and I got the static executeable file fb-gnash.then I
> pushed it into the Android emulator, it could run,and it could play
> swf files.But when I tried to play flv files,it showed "Could not
> load move 'square.flv'".so does gnash-0.8.2 not support flv files?

  I haven't tried the Code Sorcery tools much, I built my own toolchain
so I could access Bionic. The Code Sorcery toolchains use newlib
instead. My own notes, as well as the toolchain and dependencies I used
for Gnash is at: http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Building_for_Android. Are you
using the Android 1.6 or 2.1 branch ?

  Also a flash player can't play an flv file directly. You need an flash
based media player. I use the JW Flowplayer, which is free for this.

> 2. The reason I used gnash-0.8.2 is that only this version can
> successfully run on Android,the latter version turned out to be "
> Segmentation fault",what's the problem?

  Have you tried Gnash trunk ?
http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Gnash#Obtaining_Source_Code. I recently built
Gnash for Android myself, and it also segfaulted, but my build was
linked dynamically. I've been assuming my dynamic linking support was
broken (it's newly working in y toolchain), but maybe not... I wanted to
do a fully static build anyway, so I can see if we're having the same
problem. My guess is any problems are potentially related to boost and
pthreads.