Re: [Gnash-dev] Media handlers

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Media handlers
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:51:49 +0200

Il giorno 19/lug/2010, alle ore 19.46, Benjamin Wolsey ha scritto:

>> Media handlers: ffmpeg
>
> So configure seems to be working correctly.

it has always worked in the past since i've always used ffmpeg as media handler

> And this shows that none are registered at startup. I'd say there are
> three options:
>
> 1. The ffmpeg files aren't getting compiled at all.
> 2. The registration part of ffmpeg isn't being compiled (it needs a
> #define which is currently passed on the command line).

the ffmpeg part is compiled correctly. the only define that is passed is
-DREGISTER_MEDIA_HANDLERS, but i'm sure that ffmpeg part is compiled since i
get this warning when MediaParserFfmpeg.cpp is compiled

ffmpeg/MediaParserFfmpeg.cpp: In member function 'void
gnash::media::ffmpeg::MediaParserFfmpeg::initializeParser()':
ffmpeg/MediaParserFfmpeg.cpp:355: warning: 'av_alloc_format_context' is
deprecated (declared at
/usr/local/amiga/ppc-amigaos/SDK/local/newlib/include/libavformat/avformat.h:801)

> 3. They're getting compiled but the static initialization isn't
> performed. I can't think of a good reason (except possibly linking) why
> that might happen.

but that's why i'm using a static lib instead of the shared one?

Andrea