[Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] /srv/bzr/gnash/trunk r12329: Code cleanup

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] /srv/bzr/gnash/trunk r12329: Code cleanups, drop unused variables and functions.
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:50:49 +0200

Am Freitag, den 23.07.2010, 19:24 +0200 schrieb Andrea Palmatè:
> Il giorno 23/lug/2010, alle ore 19.19, Benjamin Wolsey ha scritto:
>

> > Does that mean it's declared in an included header but not defined?
> >
> it doesn't seems defined at all. i've seen also in the include file. i don't
> have neither the PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MINOR define and so it was working in the past
> i'm using the png lib 1.2.13 but that function is not present

I don't really understand; if it's not declared it wouldn't compile. An
undefined reference surely means the declaration is somewhere, but not
the definition.

The function in question, png_set_expand_gray_1_2_4_to_8(), was added in
1.2.9 according to what I can find on the internet.

But if yours is different and also really has no PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MINOR,
then the test should be whether that's defined, whether
PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MAJOR is more than 1, or is equal to 1 and
PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MINOR is more than or equal to 3 (to be on the safe
side). Does that sound correct?

bwy

--
The current release of Gnash is 0.8.7