Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash in Android-phones?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash in Android-phones?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:37:47 -0600

On 07/28/10 19:39, Kristoffer Grundström wrote:
> Hi! I want to use Gnash in my Android-phone, how is that possible?

  Yes, but it's a huge amount of work, and even then I haven't gotten it
working as a browser plugin yet. Also due to software rendering, video
performs poorly on most phones. I'm currently working on some long term
improvements that will help the Android port considerably, but
delivering on all that work is probably months away. Lots of code
refactoring... (funding for this would help too)

  My gut feeling is with Android 2.2, most people will just use the
Adobe player. :-(

> Can I make a functional apk-file to install? /Kristoffer

  I haven't added apk package building support yet.