Re: [Gnash-dev] Flash on the Ipad

From: Ashley Reid
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Flash on the Ipad
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:47:24 +0200

The aqua gui uses Carbon (AGL)? That is not present on the iphone/ipad.

plus, the SDL library is being maintained on the iphone, so there is reliable code there. Lets hope the issues you talk of are not too big.

Thanks for the script suggestions, will make the changes. I need to learn a bit more about configure/autoconf/libtool in general and then clean up some of those files. At some points I was just hacking at random places in the configure scripts to make sure things worked...

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
On 08/09/10 15:38, Ashley Reid wrote:

> I have finally started putting something on the web (after taking a 2 week
> break). Here http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Building_for_iOS.

 Thanks for putting this info on our wiki.

> There is a repository with the basic scripts and the standalone app.
> http://github.com/arcanon/ipadflash. I will want to put the libraries up
> next and then all the special stuff I had to do to compile.

 I see some weirdness in your gnash.sh script. For one thing, the
configure script looks in $prefix for dependencies, so if you change
$TOOLS_PRE/gnash to just $TOOLS_PRE, that should make all the other
-incl and -lib options unnecessary.

--enable-renderer=agg will disable cairo, so you don't need
-enable-cairo=no. There is also prototype Aqua support in Gnash, it
might be worth finishing that up than using SDL. SDL has tons of
problems with poor event handling.