[Gnash-dev] __resolve

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] __resolve
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 23:05:26 +0200

Going on with winterbell-driven stats gathering
and profiling for Gnash I found that we're
looking up __resolve more than we should.

In particular, system-generated events
(onEnterFrame, onMouseMove, onRollOver, ...)
should NOT trigger a lookup of __resolve.

It's an important fact, as __resolve is the
2nd most-looked up property (after __proto__)
and look what follows:

  10301693:__proto__(59)
   4957482:__resolve(60)
    532668:onMouseMove(107)
    507321:onRollOver(115)
    339242:enabled(16)
    285548:onEnterFrame(93)

I haven't checked 'enabled' but would be
interesting to do.