Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: SIGPIPE handling

From: Andrea Palmatè
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: SIGPIPE handling
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:25:16 +0200

I don't know if can help (and/or is related), but i've found another swf that produce here the strange CPU bug that raise the CPU value to 100% from 80% (for example) Basically the movie swf load game data from internet and starts with cpu at 80%. But when the movie download the data, the cpu increase its usage til it reach 100% and the system became inusable. When it download the data and the game starts, the cpu lower its usage also to 10-15%.
So the network has something that is working in a wrong way.
I don't know if it is related to curl or something else, but there is something that raise the cpu to 100%

which says to ignore that signal rather than deliver it.  This is a
stateful setting, which remains set until the process ends or you
change it.  This is a portable construct (though most other uses
of signal() are not portable).

I think sigaction() is preferable under any circumstances even though
this one is portable. The problem is that sighandler_t is a GNU libc
extension which isn't defined in BSD libc etc. However we can define it
pretty easy as a pointer to a callback.

Andrea