Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.8 Released!

From: Richard Wilbur
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.8 Released!
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:15:55 -0700

When I added the getgnash.org package repository to 3 Ubuntu 10.04
machines and upgraded to v0.8.8, the package repository had an updated
mozilla plugin so it worked out of the box.  That was a thoughtful
touch, and made the new version simple to deploy.  I am enjoying the
new version, I am thankful to those who contributed all the new code,
and I am thankful to those who spent the time creating the release and
building the package repository.

When the new release candidate or test release (0.8.9~git.master1918)
was added to the repository, there was no accompanying mozilla plugin.
 I would be happy to test the new candidate release when the updated
plugin package is available.  In the absence of the updated plugin
package, when I install the new gnash and gnash-common packages, they
conflict with the old plugin package and I get the new version of
gnash standalone and lose flash support in mozilla (my main vehicle
for testing gnash).

What is required to update the mozilla plugin package?  I am willing
to attempt this but might need some hand-holding as I have never
before ventured to build a mozilla plugin.

Sincerely,
Richard