Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash initialization

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash initialization
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:00:39 +0100

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 09:42:34AM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> Starting a SWF movie run has two stages:
>
> 1. Load and parse header. After this stage the version and initial stage
> size are known.
> 2. Load and parse the rest of the movie; the movie is simultaneously
> ready to be played.

I was thinking these days that the time may have come to drop requirement
of this 2-steps start.

In particular, loading a movie to _level0 has the special effect
of resizing the stage, so that stage size doesn't need to be known
in advance. Also, do we really need version at the start ? What for,
if everytime we run a piece of AS we set the version dinamically ?

I suggest looking at the possibility of this before going further.
It'd simplify the scenario, which is always good when planning
a refactoring (would also fix the unaesthetic grey-box startup blocking).