Re: [Gnash-dev] UniversalSubtitles.org support

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] UniversalSubtitles.org support
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:35:04 +0100

> I have read somewhere that
> "YouTube looks for 'Gnash' in the plugin description to serve the AVM1
> player". Do you know whether Google does the same trick for the
> embedded YouTube video player?

Not as far as I know.

> Another issue is that we use the YouTube javascript API to control the
> embedded player. Does Gnash support that? In case it doesn't, which
> would be the steps to start implementing it? I would be happy to work
> on it if somebody can offer me some mentoring until I get used to the
> Gnash codebase.

There is a rough implementation of ExternalInterface, but it needs work.
Above all, I don't think custom callbacks are implemented, though if the
host-to-gnash communication works as it supposedly does, this shouldn't
be too hard.

Any testcases you have for ExternalInterface behaviour would be very
useful to test gnash. It's hard for us to do automatically as it only
functions in the flash plugin, not the standalone player.

bwy
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer - http://benjaminwolsey.de